* Wrote and edited the On the Record blog for The Irish Times from 2007 to 2017
* Presented various music shows on Phantom FM from 2006 to 2012.
* Co-founder of the Choice Music Prize for Irish album of the year; developed and co-managed the project and event from 2005 to 2010.
* Editor-in-chief at Rondomondo, the new media publishing division at Eircom (now Eir), 1999 to 2000.
* Editor of Muse, an online music magazine and joint venture with Eircom (now Eir), 1997 to 2000
* Press officer at London Records, 1996 to 1997
* Co-founder of Lakota Records, a record label and joint venture with Sony Music, 1993 to 1996
* Talent scout for Warner Music, Dedicated Records, Peer Music and Go! Discs, 1989 to 1993
* Wrote for such publications as NME, Melody Maker, dSide, Spin, The Event Guide, Sounds, Dropout etc, 1989 to 2000